Thursday, December 19, 2019

Thursday, December 19th

Today was a very fun day! It was our last breakfast at the station, and afterwards we started the long journey back to San Jose. We stopped at a couple different places on the way back, one of which was the beach in Dominical. Even though we couldn’t swim (it’s a surf beach, the currents are not ideal for swimming), it was an amazing experience. We all had lunch together in Dominical, and I was a little brave with my order.

My lunch today in Dominical.

I’ve never had whole fish before, and I absolutely loved it! I would get this all the time, if I could. After eating, we had about an hour or two of free time to explore the beach area. Dominical is not only a surf beach, but it also has a variety of different shops and restaurants. We all walked along the beach, and looked at some of the things people were selling along the beach. 

An iguana we saw at the beach, hanging out in a tree.

Unfortunately, we couldn’t stay at Dominical all day. After we left, we only stopped one more time for snacks and a bathroom break. Surprisingly, we arrived at San Jose well before the sun set! I was really surprised when we arrived at the hotel, I definitely thought we had at least a few more hours of traveling to do. 

We had our last dinner together at the hotel, and while it was delicious, it was a little sad. I’ve com to really like the people on this trip, so it was hard to say goodbye to those who had early flights. Before we split off for the night, we all decided to exchange social media information, to keep in touch after we go back to our respective homes. 

I really will miss this place, and especially the friends that I’ve made on this trip. Until next time, my friends, have safe travels home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday, December 19th

Today was a very fun day! It was our last breakfast at the station, and afterwards we started the long journey back to San Jose. We stopped ...