Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Wednesday, December 18th

Today was our last day on the station, and I am having some bittersweet feelings about it. While I am happy to be going back to the comforts (and freezing temperatures!) of home, I am also sad that I won’t have anymore field research days or super fresh fruit! I am also going to miss this incredible group of people I’ve come to know in this program. 

To make today special, a small group of us decided to get up to walk to the observation tower to watch the sunrise together. It was also an opportunity for the group’s videographer to take out the drone to get some nice footage of the station and the sunrise. It was an incredible bonding experience for us! 

A photo of the valley containing San Vito, just as the sunlight started to peak over the mountain. 

Today was also the day our presentations were due! Finally, all the hard work we did for the past week and a half came to fruition! It was amazing to see everyone’s results from all the hard work they put in, and to see how knowledgeable they’ve become on the subjects. 

One of the highlights of the day for me would have to have been the dinner tonight. All this time, I’ve been waiting for them to make their pasta, and they finally served it! We finally got that delicious pasta, and on our last day! It was almost like a farewell from the kitchen staff, I was really grateful for one last delicious meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday, December 19th

Today was a very fun day! It was our last breakfast at the station, and afterwards we started the long journey back to San Jose. We stopped ...