Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thursday, December 12th

Today was a tough day. Both myself and my teammate were not 100% in the field, so we called it early. Regardless of the circumstances, we managed to make the most of the day, and we were able to do counts in 3 transects!

Even though today was rather busy, I did manage to fit some time in to take photos while I was out and about - there are some really nifty things to be seen just off the trails!

The crazy vine that got me good. 

A little antiseptic on the cut, and it’ll be good as new in no time. Maybe I’ll have a new scar, maybe I won’t. But even if I do, it’ll be another cool story to tell people!

Other than that, today was rather uneventful - because we had to call it an early day today, we’ll have to be out there as soon as possible tomorrow morning to replicate the transects from last year. Currently, we have 1 1/2 days to finish the transects, and there are 11 more to do! We’ve enlisted some help from one of the other research groups that have already finished their data collection, so hopefully we will be able to get our counts done before the deadline! I have complete faith in us though, all we need to do is put in the work for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday, December 19th

Today was a very fun day! It was our last breakfast at the station, and afterwards we started the long journey back to San Jose. We stopped ...